We know that the Birth chart or the Kundli actually the SKY represented on PAPER.
So lets see how the Sun travels in NORTHERN – UTTARAYANA and SOUTHERN – DAKSHINAYANA in the Birth Chart:
The Numbers shown here are NOT the House Numbers BUT RASHI – So When the Ascendant is ARIES this is how the UTTARAYANA and the DAKSHINAYANA is represented on the Birth Chart.
- Sun is actually in Cancer Sign when it is at Tropic of Cancer (Summer Solstice)
- When Sun enters Capricorn (10) Uttarayana or Northward Movement of Sun starts.(Tropic of Capricorn)
- Transit of Sun from CANCER (4) to SAGITTARIUS (9) Represents Dakshinayana or the Southward Movement of Sun or the Winter/ Fall/ Autumn Season.
- Transit of Sun from CAPRICORN (10) to GEMINI (9) Represents Uttarayana or the Northward Movement of Sun or the Summer and Spring Season.
- Say you were born when Sun was in Leo..What Can you interpret ASTRONOMICALLY ?
- Ok, So You were born when the Sun was in Daskinayana moving from Tropic of Cancer to Equinox.
- Being Leo Sign – the month would be around August
- All Malefic planets like Mars, Saturn are active during Dakshinayana and Benefic planets are active during Uttarayana. (there is more – but at present lets limit here)
The Next Blog is our 50th Blog and on account of it I would like to blog on an important article – of KARMA and The all Confusion of whose in control – DESTINY OR FREE-WILL.
So, Don’t miss out..
HIT LIKE or FOLLOW to Learn more ..after all Knowledge is never wastage.
C ya at the 50th Blog…
We have racked our brains enough on understanding EQUINOX and SOLSTICE. Lets see it practical application:
Take a look at Diagram:
Please note the Red marked Sun in diagram is an illustration just to make an understanding.
What to See ?
- Lets start at March 20-21 – Vernal Equinox: Sun at / on the equator shining bright.
- March as we know represents start of SPRING – SUMMER – effected by growth of Environment: plants.
- April and May gets hotter as Sun moves Northwards towards Tropic of Cancer. (NOTE THAT WE ARE REFERRING TO INDIA – OR PLACES ABOVE EQUATOR – AS DURING THIS TIME SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE OF EARTH WILL BE EXPERIENCING DIFFERENT SEASONS and Solstices)
- From Equator as Sun Traverses – Northwards (Uttarayana) reaches up to Highest Excursion referred to as TROPIC OF CANCER. Sun is now in Rashi of Cancer and shining bright on Tropic of Cancer. Here DAY is the LONGEST. This is the Month of JUNE and referred to as SUMMER SOLSTICE (June 20-22). In India, this is the period of Rains Onset.
- In July August – Sun again traverses to south from Tropic of Cancer to Equator
- As it reaches Equator – the period of AUTUMNAL EQUINOX starts the beginning of Fall/ Winter in SEPTEMBER.
- October and November continues the journey of Sun as seen from earth To Tropic of Capricorn
- Sun reaches at TROPIC OF CAPRICORN in December (WINTER SOLSTICE – LONGEST NIGHT in the Northern Hemisphere: Area above equator) and resides in the rashi of CAPRICORN.
- JANUARY: While Sun, Still remains in CAPRICORN – and makes its Northern Journey back to Equinox (Vernal) in JANUARY this marks a Celebration in India Celebrated as KITE FESTIVAL called as UTTARAN marks the UTTARAYANA of the Sun.
- February the Sun continues to move Northwards to reach the Equator in March. (EQUINOX)
A TROPICAL SOLAR YEAR is Movement of Sun from Vernal Equinox to Summer Solstice to Autumnal Equinox to Winter Solstice and Back to Vernal Equinox.
Have a look at few diagrams from the net:
Note that the SUN Does not move as shown in first diagram – its the earth’s motion that makes the Sun appear to move.
In the Next Blog we shall see the SOLSTICES on the BIRTH CHARTS. Its Amazing..Don’t Miss out..
Click LIKE or FOLLOW for more..
Now lets combine – EQUINOX and SOLSTICE.
Have a look at the Diagram:
What to see in Diagram ?
- Equinox is Sun at Equator. (Happens at March 20-21 and September 22-23)
- If Sun moves Northwards – Sun at Equinox is referred to as VERNAL EQUINOX. Happens at March 20-21.
- When Sun moves from Vernal Equinox to Tropic of Cancer – It is referred to as Northern Movement – UTTAR-AYANA. (The movement from Tropic of Capricorn to Equinox is also referred to as Uttarayana)
- At Tropic of Cancer – It is the longest day – Sun is in the Cancer – happens at June 20-22.
- If Sun moves Southwards from equator – Sun at Equinox is referred to as AUTUMNAL EQUINOX. Happens at September 22-23.
- When Sun moves from Autumnal Equinox to Tropic of Capricorn – It is referred to as Southward Movement – DAKSHIN-AYANA. (The movement from Tropic of Cancer to Equinox is also referred to as Dakshinayana)
- At Tropic of Capricorn – It is the longest Night – Sun is in the Capricorn – happens at December 20-23.
- In short any Northern movement of Sun (From Tropic of Capricorn to Equinox to Tropic of Cancer) is referred to as UTTARAYANA and Southward movement of Sun (From Tropic of Cancer to Equinox to Tropic of Capricorn) is referred to as DAKSHINAYANA.
Hit LIKE or FOLLOW for more…
A solstice is an astronomical event that occurs twice each year (in June and December) as the Sun reaches its highest or lowest excursion relative to the celestial equator on the celestial sphere. (Source: WIKIPEDIA)
Let’s modify that for simpler understanding and restate it as:
A solstice is an astronomical event that occurs twice each year (in June and December) as the Sun reaches its highest (Tropic of Cancer) or lowest (Tropic of Capricorn) excursion relative to the Earth’s equator.
In short, When the Day is longest (not longer) OR the Night is LONGEST (Not longer) is referred to as SOLSTICE.
So what does Summer Solstice Mean ?
- Day is Longest.
- Sun is exactly at the overhead or at the level of TROPIC OF CANCER.
- It occurs approximately on JUNE 20-22.
- SUN is in Constellation of CANCER and hence the name TROPIC OF CANCER.
So what does Winter Solstice Mean ?
- Night is Longest.
- Sun is exactly at the overhead or at the level of TROPIC OF CAPRICORN.
- It occurs approximately on DECEMBER 20-23.
- SUN is in Constellation of CAPRICORN (MAKAR) and hence the name TROPIC OF CAPRICORN.
In case after reading all this – if you have forgotten about Equinox. Take a look at Diagram Below. Its of the EQUINOX.
In the next Blog we will club up both – EQUINOX and SOLSTICE and derive the months and seasons of the year.
Click LIKE or FOLLOW for more..
The 2 types of Equinox we know are: (Read more…)
- Vernal Equinox
- Autumnal Equinox.
An Equinox in simplest terms is When the Sun is exactly at the level of equator and so the duration of the Day and Night Becomes equal.
- VERNAL EQUINOX:
- It occurs approximately on MARCH 20 or 21 every year.
- It marks the beginning of Spring / Summer.
- It means the Sun from Here moves to Northern Hemisphere towards Tropic of Cancer
- In Sanskrit UTTAR means NORTH and AYANA means MOVEMENT. Hence Northward Movement is Referred to as: UTTARAYANA
- At Vernal Equinox Day and Night are of Equal Duration.
2. AUTUMNAL EQUINOX:
- It occurs approximately on SEPTEMBER 22-23 every year.
- It marks the beginning of Fall/ Autumn/ Winter.
- It means the Sun from Here moves to Southern Hemisphere towards Tropic of Capricorn
- In Sanskrit Dakshin means SOUTH and AYANA means MOVEMENT. Hence Southward Movement is Referred to as: DASKHINAYANA
- At Autumnal Equinox Day and Night are of Equal Duration.
NOTE THAT SUN IN EACH OF THE TYPE OF EQUINOX IS STILL AT EQUATOR.
IF FROM EQUATOR IF IT HAPPENS TO MOVE NORTHWARDS – THE POSITION OF SUN AT EQUATOR IS REFERRED TO AS VERNAL EQUINOX. (occurs in March)
IF FROM EQUATOR IF IT HAPPENS TO MOVE SOUTHWARDS – THE POSITION OF SUN AT EQUATOR IS REFERRED TO AS AUTUMNAL EQUINOX. (occurs in September)
Hit LIKE or FOLLOW for more..
The Navamsha occupied by Atmakarka (planet with highest degree)
It is as many houses away from the position of the lagna lord, as the Lagna lord is from Lagna
It is as many houses away from the position pf 12th Lord, as 12th lord is from 12th house.
- Atmakaraka~Amatyakarka~Putrakarka-5th Lord-Darakarka
- Moon venus togather
- Moon aspected by Venus
- Rajyogas must also frutify in Navamsha otherwise no use.
- If AmK is in kendra /trikone from AK or in 11th house Birth horoscope or in D9 – good position in life attained with less struggle
- If AK and AmK are placed in 6th, 8th, 12th positions in BC/D9- there will be struggles in obtaining positions
- See if Karkas is afflicted they create troubles
- If karka are aspected by benefics their promises increase beneficially.
- Treat rashi whose dasha is running as LAGNA and see which houses ate strong
- Analyse all sub periods
- 10th house from dasha sign important as benefic here can give rise in career
- LEO and SAGITTARIUS are known for rise and falls (sub periods especially)
- Sagittarius often leads to VIOLENT events – either to self or Family members especially if rashi aspected By AK
- AK Dasha is also period of fall (needs to be scrutinised properly – not a blind statement)
- Ak and Amk in 6,8,12 are troublesome
- AmK is seen for career – its placement in kendra, trikone, 10th place, or in 11th
- AMK Position to be assesed from Lagna only.
- Sagittarius is period of rise as well as sickness
ATMAKARKA DASHA AND IN GENERAL (V Imp):
- When sub period of a rashi which is 6th or 8th from the MAJOR rashi dasha comes, one has to be more careful, more if it is aspected AK
- When AK falls in 8th house from Current Rashi MAJOR OR FROM SUB PERIOD, predictions must be made carefully
- When rashi dasha of the 6th house comes, one must be careful about children, it being second from 5th house therefore a markasthana for children
AK: Rajyoga and Mishaps
AmK: Career, Education
BK: Sibling and father
MK: Mother’s Sickness